A mocktail trio
Chocolate fallen cake
This indulgent chocolate dessert is the most requested in our Queens Grill Restaurant. Close your eyes and take a bite: it's almost like you're there.
- 375g Callebaut dark chocolate (54% solids)
- 250g unsalted butter
- 250g sugar
- 150g all-purpose flour
- rind of one orange
- 6 eggs
- Prepare 6 ramekins or rings with greaseproof paper (lightly oil so the paper sticks to the sides).
- Place the butter, chocolate and orange rind in a bowl and melt gently over simmering water, then set aside to cool once incorporated.
- Place the sugar, flour and eggs in a large bowl and mix until thick and fluffy (about 2 minutes).
- Gently fold in the cold chocolate, orange and butter mixture.
- Place the chocolate batter into a piping bag and pipe to ¾ height, leaving room at the top for the mixture to rise.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 180◦C.
- Let cool for about a minute and then remove from moulds. Serve immediately.
Chef Nick's top tip: "This cake goes perfectly with white chocolate chunk ice cream and a drizzle of raspberry sauce!"