CunardCare® guest protection.
Your voyage is made easier when you include CunardCare® guest protection in your plans. Worry less about the unexpected, even if you have to cancel due to illness and enjoy some peace of mind that comes with a package of both insurance and non-insurance benefits and services designed specifically for voyage guests. CunardCare® is a package of benefits to help provide reimbursement for losses that may occur both before and during your cruise.
Cancellation Fee Waiver Program1 – waives the non-refundable cancellation provision of your Passage Contract and pays you the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation (up to a limit of $50,000 per guest) in the event that you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise vacation (for specified reasons).
Travel Insurance Program2 – reimburses losses for the following:
- Trip Interruption - Enables you to interrupt your cruise for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, and receive reimbursement up to your total trip cost (maximum limit $50,000 per guest).
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you may be reimbursed up to $1,000 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you may be reimbursed up to $3,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you may be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you may be reimbursed up to $20,000 for medical expenses related to an illness, or up to $20,000 for expenses related to an injury.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you may be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport. Repatriation coverage provides up to $30,000 for shipment of remains in the event of death during the cruise vacation.
Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services3 – provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance. Non-insurance assistance services are provided by LiveTravel.
1 Non-insurance services provided by Cunard
2 Travel Insurance (and Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption benefits for NY residents only) is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio. (NAIC#23787).
3 Non-insurance assistance services are provided by LiveTravel
Your state-specific CunardCare® information may be obtained at http://www.affinitytravelcert.com/docs/nwecpr01.
Note that CunardCare® is not available to residents of Quebec or Puerto Rico.