CunardCare Guest Protection.
Your voyage is made easier when you include CunardCare Guest Protection in your plans. Worry less about the unexpected, even if you have to cancel due to illness and enjoy some peace of mind that comes with a package of both insurance and
non-insurance benefits and services designed specifically for voyage guests. CunardCare is a package of benefits to help provide reimbursement for losses that may occur both before and during your cruise.
Cancellation Fee Waiver Program1 – waives the non-refundable cancellation provision of your Passage Contract and pays you the value of the unused portion of your prepaid cruise vacation (up to a limit of $50,000 per guest) in the event that you or your traveling companion need to cancel your cruise vacation (for specified reasons).
Travel Insurance Program2 – reimburses losses for the following:
- Trip Interruption - Enables you to interrupt your cruise for illness, injury or death to you, an immediate family member or a traveling companion, and receive reimbursement up to your total trip cost (maximum limit $50,000 per guest).
- Trip Delay: If you miss the departure of your cruise due to carrier-caused delays or other specified reasons, you may be reimbursed up to $1,000 for additional accommodations, meals and “catch-up” transportation expenses.
- Baggage Protection: If your baggage or personal property is lost or damaged, you may be reimbursed up to $3,000. If your bags are delayed or misdirected by a common carrier for more than 24 hours, you may be reimbursed up to $500 for the purchase of necessary personal effects.
- Medical Expense Coverage: Should you become injured or sick during your vacation, you may be reimbursed up to $20,000 for medical expenses related to an illness, or up to $20,000 for expenses related to an injury.
- Emergency Evacuation/Repatriation: In the event that serious illness or injury requires air or ground transportation to a specialized facility or to return home, you may be provided up to $50,000 in covered medical services and supplies (coordinated by our 24-hour assistance provider) to help ensure your safe transport. Repatriation coverage provides up to $30,000 for shipment of remains in the event of death during the cruise vacation.
Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services3 – provides 24-hour assistance services including: pre-cruise health, safety and weather information; assistance with travel changes; lost luggage assistance; emergency cash transfer assistance; emergency medical and dental assistance; lost travel document assistance; and emergency medical payment assistance. Non-insurance assistance services are provided by LiveTravel.
1 Non-insurance services provided by Cunard
2 Travel Insurance (and Trip Cancellation and Trip Interruption benefits for NY residents only) is underwritten by Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company and Affiliated Companies, Columbus, Ohio. (NAIC#23787).
3 Non-insurance assistance services are provided by LiveTravel
Your state-specific CunardCare information may be obtained at http://www.affinitytravelcert.com/docs/nwecpr01.
Note that CunardCare is not available to residents of Quebec or Puerto Rico.