What is Cunard White Star Service®?

Cunard is synonymous with elegance, luxury, and its renowned White Star ServiceTM, which sets the standard by which all others are judged.

Cunard White Star Service®.

Cunard prides itself on standards of service that go above and beyond, exceeding the expectations of our guests. We call this WHITE STAR ServiceTM.

You will experience this the moment you step on board our ships, when our white-gloved officers and crew greet you with a smile and warm welcome.

From then on you will notice that every detail of your cruise has been carefully considered, ensuring the experience you’ve booked is enjoyable, memorable, and luxurious.

Service of distinction

All staff are trained at our White Star Academy, so each and every member of our crew delivers the same high level of service across every element of your cruise.  

Every member of our crew is polite, courteous, and immaculately dressed at all times; we are always ready and waiting to serve our guests.

Whether you would like to find out about dining or catering for an event, room accommodation, or onboard activities such as golfing, gaming or dancing, our English speaking staff is very knowledgeable about our ships and services. Ask them about experiencing our health club or relaxing in one of our spas, room service, or facts about the ship. Leave the childcare to us, relax and unwind. Nothing is too much trouble.

Our heritage is something we are very proud of – in fact, it is where the name White Star ServiceTM comes from.

A history of excellence

When the construction of the Queen Mary stopped in 1931, only one year after work began, the British Government loaned Cunard the funds to finish constructing Queen Mary and build a sister ship (Queen Elizabeth). Cunard White Star came together when a new company was formed in May 1934 with Cunard owning a 62% share. In 1947, Cunard bought the remaining 38% share from White Star’s creditors.

Today, Cunard White Star Service® is a lasting legacy of our historical connection to the White Star Line and honors the golden era of these elegant and luxurious vessels.


Experience the world with Cunard