It is mandatory for all UK guests to have suitable travel insurance cover in order to cruise with us. Read on, or use the shortcuts below, to find everything you need to know about travel insurance for a stress-free Cunard voyage.
Please note that these insurance requirements are only applicable to those guests residing and booking in the UK.
Why is travel insurance important?
For many significant purchases in your life, insurance is essential. Holidays are no different. Travel insurance ensures you can relax and enjoy your holiday with peace of mind that you’re covered in the event something should go wrong. This includes unforeseen incidents before your holiday, while travelling or while you’re away.
Choosing the right level of cover.
- Make sure your insurance provides cover for:
- A cruise holiday.
- The full length of the trip.
- All of the destinations you’re visiting – if in doubt, choose worldwide cover.
- When travelling with us, your insurance must include medical cover of £2 million minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses related to Covid-19.
- Declare any pre-existing medical conditions and read each policy thoroughly to make sure you have the cover you need.
- If you are going on more than one holiday this year, consider choosing an annual or multi-trip policy to cover you long-term.
- We would also recommend that you have adequate cancellation cover to cover the cost of your trip.
Your voyage with us.
At the terminal you will be asked to confirm you have travel insurance. It is your responsibility to ensure you have appropriate cover in place for the duration of your holiday. Unfortunately you will be denied boarding, at your own expense, if you’re unable to confirm you have arranged insurance.
You may be asked for proof of your travel insurance so please be sure to bring either a printed or digital copy of your insurance documentation that confirms cover for the named travellers over the dates of travel.
We’ve partnered with Holiday Extras to offer cover for our holidays.
Holiday Extras offer cruise-specific travel insurance policies – perfect for your next voyage. One of the key benefits is that this cruise-specific cover includes things most travel insurance policies don’t cover as standard, such as missed ports, missed shore experiences and cabin confinement.
Holiday Extras offer three levels of cover to choose from: bronze, silver and gold.
Should you wish to purchase travel insurance through our insurance partner, Holiday Extras, Covid-19 cover is included as standard with all policies: full details can be found here.
Tailored options are also available from Holiday Extras should you have pre-existing medical conditions.
To find out more, visit the Holiday Extras website below or phone 0800 093 3070 and quote CUNHX.
Your travel insurance FAQs answered.
We know that cruising in the current times can come with lots of different questions. Holiday Extras Head of Travel Insurance Adam Edinburgh has answered the most frequently asked questions regarding the company’s cruise cover insurance policies.