About our Ads.
Disclosure of how we and our partners display interest-based advertising using information gathered about you over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
Last Modified: July 22, 2022
We use Tracking Technologies
When you visit our Sites and access or use our Services, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device, we and our third-party partners, automatically collect information about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service.
This information allows us to improve your customer experience. For example, we or third parties we work with use tracking technologies:
- To recognize new or current guests and Site visitors.
- To store your password if you are registered on our Sites.
- To improve our Service.
- To serve you with interest-based or targeted advertising (see below for more on interest-based advertising).
- To observe your behaviors and browsing activities over time across multiple websites or other platforms.
- To better understand the interests of our customers and Site visitors.
Third party data collection and interest-based advertising
We participate in interest-based advertising and use third party advertising companies to serve you targeted advertisements based on your browsing history. We permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third-party services, to collect information about your use of our Sites, including our mobile apps, over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites, apps or services you may use, and on other devices and advertising channels you may use. Typically, though not always, the information used for interest-based advertising is collected through tracking technologies, such as cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, mobile SDKs, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”), which recognize the device you are using and collect information, including click stream information, browser type, time and date you visited the site, device ID or AdID, precise geolocation and other information.
We, or our third-party partners, may link your various devices so that content you see on one device can result in relevant advertising on another device. For example, we may share a common account identifier (such as a hashed email address or user ID) or work with third party partners who use tracking technologies or statistical modeling tools to determine if two or more devices are linked to a single user or household. Our partners may use this information, and may combine this information with information they collect directly or receive from other partners, both online and offline, so that they may recognize you across different channels and platforms, including computers, mobile devices and smart TVs. We and our third-party partners use this information to make the advertisements and personalized content you see online more relevant to your interests, as well as to provide advertising-related services such as reporting, attribution, analytics and market research.
Social media widgets and advertising
Our Service may include social media features, such as the Facebook Like button, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter or other widgets. These social media companies may recognize you and collect information about your visit to our Service, and they may set a cookie or employ other tracking technologies. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of those companies.
We display targeted advertising to you through social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and other social media forums. These companies have interest-based advertising programs that allow us to direct advertisements to users who have shown interest in our Service while those users are on the social media platform, or to groups of other users who share similar traits, such as likely commercial interests and demographics. We may share a unique identifier, such as a user ID or hashed email address, with these platform providers or they may collect information from our website visitors through a first-party pixel, in order to direct targeted advertising to you or to a custom audience on the social media platform. These advertisements are governed by the privacy policies of those social media companies that provide them. If you do not want to receive targeted ads on your social networks, you may be able to adjust your advertising preferences through your settings on those networks. You may learn more about advertising preferences by clicking on the links provided below. Please note that these links are provided for your convenience only and we do not control the content or features that may be available on these third party services.
- Facebook. To learn more about your advertising preferences on Facebook Companies, click here.
- LinkedIn. To learn more about advertising preferences on LinkedIn, click here.
- Pinterest. To learn more about personalization and data, click here.
- Snapchat. To learn more about advertising and interest preferences, click here.
- Twitter. To learn more about privacy controls for personalized ads on Twitter, click here.
Your Ad Choices
Controlling cookies, tracking technologies and Flash cookies. Most browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to: (i) notify you when you receive a cookie, which lets you choose whether or not to accept it; (ii) disable existing cookies; or (iii) set your browser to automatically reject cookies. You may set your e-mail options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you viewed or engaged with our emails.
Some websites have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. Blocking or deleting cookies may negatively impact your experience using the Service, as some features and services on our Service may not work properly. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all tracking technologies. For example, browser-based cookie controls may not affect online advertising that is not cookie based.
Deleting cookies does not delete Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as Flash objects and HTML5. You can learn more about Flash objects—including how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies—on Adobe’s website or by clicking here. If you choose to delete Flash objects from our sites, then you may not be able to access and use all or part of the sites or benefit from the information and services offered.
Interest-based advertising. To learn about interest-based advertising and how you may be able to opt-out of some interest-based advertising, you may wish to visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices and/or the DAA’s resources at www.aboutads.info/choices.
Residents of Canada may visit: http://youradchoices.ca/choices/
Residents of the United Kingdom may visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk
Residents of the European Union may visit: http://youronlinechoices.eu
Please note that opting-out of receiving interest-based advertising through the NAI’s and DAA’s online resources will only opt-out a user from receiving interest-based ads on that specific browser or device, but the user may still receive interest-based ads on his or her other devices. You must perform the opt-out on each browser or device you use. We may work with some tracking technology partners that do not participate in the DAA or NAI self-regulatory programs and these opt-outs will not have any effect on those partner activities.
Note that some of these opt-outs may not be effective unless your browser is set to accept cookies. If you delete cookies, change your browser settings, switch browsers or computers, or use another operating system, you may need to opt-out again.
Mobile advertising. You may also be able to limit interest-based advertising through the settings on your mobile device by selecting “limit ad tracking” (iOS) or “opt-out of interest based ads” (Android). The Digital Advertising Alliance also offers a tool for opting out of the collection of cross-app data on a mobile device for interest-based advertising. To exercise choices for the companies participating in this tool, download the AppChoices app here. You may be able to limit the use of location data for advertising purposes by adjusting your location services settings on your mobile device.
Third Party Partners.
The following is a sample of the third-party service partners we work with to provide cross-device linking and/or interest-based advertising services. We will strive to update this list if or when we work with new partners which offer you choices about the collection of your information apart from the DAA and NAI opt-out programs linked above. As partners change and new technologies become available, this list is likely to change over time and may not always reflect our current partners.
- Google Analytics and Advertising. We use Google Analytics to recognize you and link the devices you use when you visit our site or Service on your browser or mobile device, log in to your account on our Service, or otherwise engage with us. We share a unique identifier, like a user ID or hashed email address, with Google to facilitate the service. Google Analytics allows us to better understand how our users interact with our Service and to tailor our advertisements and content to you. For information on how Google Analytics collects and processes data, as well as how you can control information sent to Google, review Google's site “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can learn about Google Analytics’ currently available opt-outs, including the Google Analytics Browser Ad-On here https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
- We may also utilize certain forms of display advertising and other advanced features through Google Analytics, such as Remarketing with Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, the DoubleClick Campaign Manager Integration, and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting. These features enable us to use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick advertising cookie) or other third-party cookies together to inform, optimize, and display ads based on your past visits to the Service. You may control your advertising preferences or opt-out of certain Google advertising products by visiting the Google Ads Preferences Manager, currently available at https://google.com/ads/preferences, or by visiting NAI’s online resources at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
- We may use data matching services such as LiveRamp to help us measure advertising effectiveness and analytics and to create data for personalized advertising purposes. You can find out how to opt-out of LiveRamp’s services by visiting https://liveramp.com/opt_out.
- We may participate in the Adobe Experience Cloud and Adobe Experience Cloud Device Co-Op to better understand how you use our website and apps across the various devices you use, and to deliver tailored promotions. You can learn more about Adobe services and the Adobe Experience Cloud and how you can opt-out of Adobe advertising solutions by visiting https://www.adobe.com/privacy/opt-out.html.
- AddThis (Part of Oracle Marketing & Data Cloud). https://www.oracle.com/legal/privacy/addthis-privacy-policy.html
- Bing Ads. https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- Flashtalking. https://www.flashtalking.com/optout
- OpenX. https://www.openx.com/legal/interest-based-advertising/
- Rubicon Project. https://rubiconproject.com/privacy/consumer-online-profile-and-opt-out/
- The Trade Desk. https://www.adsrvr.org/
This is not a complete list of all of the advertising partners we may work with. Please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about online advertising and to exercise your opt-out choices across all participating third party ad networks.
© 2022 Cunard Line, Ltd. 24305 Town Center Drive, Valencia, CA USA. All rights reserved.