White Star Service, staff laying table in Queens grill on Queen Victoria, Brand photo shoot, Asset bank ID: 1143

What is Cunard White Star Service®?

Cunard is synonymous with elegance, luxury and its renowned White Star Service, which sets the standard by which all others are judged.

Cunard White Star Service®.

Cunard prides itself on standards of service that go above and beyond, exceeding the expectations of our guests. We call this White Star Service.

You’ll experience this the moment you step on board our ships, when our white-gloved officers and crew greet you with a smile and warm welcome.

From then on you’ll notice that every detail of your cruise has been carefully considered, ensuring the experience you've booked is enjoyable, memorable and luxurious.

Service of distinction

All staff are trained at our White Star Academy, so each and every member of our crew delivers the same high level of service across every element of your cruise.  

Every member of our crew is polite, courteous and immaculately dressed at all times; we’re always ready and waiting to serve our guests.

Whether you’d like to find out about dining or catering for an event, room accommodation or onboard activities such as golfing, gaming or dancing, our English speaking staff are very knowledgeable about our ships and services. Ask them about experiencing our health club or relaxing in one of our spas, room service or facts about the ship. Leave the childcare to us, relax and unwind. Nothing is too much trouble.

Our heritage is something we’re very proud of – in fact it’s where the name White Star Service comes from.

A history of excellence

When the construction of the Queen Mary stopped in 1931, only one year after work began, the British Government loaned Cunard the funds to finish constructing Queen Mary and build a sister ship (Queen Elizabeth). Cunard White Star come together when a new company was formed in May 1934 with Cunard owning 62% share. In 1947 the Cunard bought the remaining 38% share from White Star’s creditors.

Today, Cunard White Star Service® is a lasting legacy of our historical connection to the White Star Line and honours the golden era of these elegant and luxurious vessels.