A mocktail trio
This breakfast is a real guest favourite in the Britannia restaurant and Kings Court, and effortlessly simple to make for yourself. You can customise it to your taste, with a variety of toppings, though many enjoy the deliciously light and soft recipe as it comes.
Ingredients (serves four)
- 150g rolled or quick oats
- 200ml milk
- 1 small apple, cored and grated
- ½ a pear, cored and grated (skin off)
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 200g Greek yogurt
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
Make this breakfast your own with a combination of toppings. Find a firm favourite or try something new each day!
- Fresh or dried figs and banana
- Raisins or sultanas
- Dried cranberries and apricots
- Toasted almonds or cocounut
- Fresh berries
- Sunflower or pumpkin seeds
- Combine the oats and milk in a bowl and place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning add the apple, pear, honey, yogurt, and cinnamon and mix well.
- Serve in your desired dish, and customise with your choice of recommended toppings.
Chef Mark's top tip: "To make an even lighter version of the Bircher muesli, you can swap the milk for a dairy alternative, and the Greek yogurt for low-fat yogurt.”
A perfect start
Watch our Executive Chef, Mark Oldroyd recreate the ideal muesli breakfast: with nutrient-rich oats to keep you full, and grated fruits to provide Vitamin C and fibre, this is a healthy and delicious beginning to any new day.