Preparing to sail - before you board.
Remember to do the following before you travel:
Remember to do the following before you travel:
- Check your details are up to date in My Cunard
- No later than 24 hours prior to your vacation, make sure everyone in your travel party accepts the Passage Contract and Covid-19 Risk Acceptance. These documents are required for boarding and available on My Cunard
- Link your booking with your traveling group (if relevant)
- Help protect your travel plans from the unexpected with CunardCare® travel protection. CunardCare® is available to residents of the United States (except for the state of New York) and Canada (except for Quebec). The At Ease Waiver program is available for residents of New York, Quebec, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda
- Obtain evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status
- Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels
- Pre-book onboard activities in My Cunard
- Complete Health Declaration in My Cunard between one and three days before your vacation
- Ensure you have completed all documentation and testing and vaccination requirements that exist for you to travel to your port of embarkation
- Ensure you’re aware of, and have registered where needed, for all documentation required when returning home to your country of residence. For entry into the UK, guests will need to register for the UK government’s Passenger Locator Form. Please bring a data-enabled device (e.g. smartphone or tablet) to complete all required documentation
- Book your ‘Day two’ PCR test: For any guest staying more than 24hrs in the UK, current requirements for any sailing visiting international ports are that a PCR test is taken no more than two days after your return to the UK – This applies to all guests aged five years and above. While all testing required for entry into the UK or country of disembarkation will be organized on board, you must organize the ‘day two’ PCR test yourself. This is a requirement of the UK government and it is essential that you book it in advance as you will need to provide the booking reference on the Passenger Locator Form (PLF)
- If you live outside of the UK, ensure you’re aware of, and have pre-booked, all Covid-19 tests that may be required when returning home to your country of residence
- Pack face masks and hand sanitizer.
Once you've checked in online, remember to print out your e-tickets and luggage labels, as you’ll need these at the terminal.
We strongly recommend that you secure comprehensive vacation insurance when you sail with us. While we hope you never have to use it, the policy will ensure you’re able to relax and enjoy your vacation with the peace of mind that you’re protected should you need it.
When traveling with us, your insurance should include medical cover and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses related to Covid-19. You should also ensure your policy includes coverage for repatriation, cancelation, and curtailment and full cover for any and all pre-existing medical conditions worldwide, or as a minimum, in the countries you are due to visit.
Help protect your travel plans from the unexpected with CunardCare®*, including medical, emergency medical transportation, baggage/personal effects, trip and bag delay benefits.
*CunardCare® is available to residents of the United States (except for the state of New York) and Canada (except for Quebec). The At Ease Waiver program is available for residents of New York, Quebec, Mexico, Puerto Rico, and Bermuda.
Covid-19 vaccine and testing requirements.
How to stay well before your voyage.
If you experience a high temperature, a new continuous cough, shortness of breath or a new loss of taste or smell within 14 days before your voyage, please call our Customer Service Department.
Pre-book the things you’re most looking forward to.
To help us manage social distancing on board, you may be asked to book select activities and dining venues on your voyage. You can do this once on board by calling our dedicated reservation line from your stateroom telephone, by visiting the Purser’s Desk in the Grand Lobby or by using our digital planner, My Voyage, from an internet-enabled device.
You can also use My Cunard to book shore experiences, purchase drinks packages and more, before you step on board. Log in to My Cunard to see the full range of personalization options for your vacation.
Things to pack.
In addition to your usual voyage essentials – poolside sandals, a great vacation read, a fabulous black-tie outfit for Gala Evenings – you’ll also need to remember a face mask (as you’ll be required to wear this in select areas of the ship). You may also wish to pack hand sanitizer, although we’ll have plenty on board for you to use, as well as masks too if you happen to need a new one while with us.
We have a chargeable laundry service and self-serve launderettes on board, in case you’d like to refresh your wardrobe during your voyage.
Discover how to pack the perfect suitcase for a Cunard voyage with our helpful guide.