CUNARD’S BEST OF ALASKA CRUISE GIVEAWAY OFFICIAL RULES (“Rules”)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. CUNARD’S BEST OF ALASKA CRUISE GIVEAWAY (“SWEEPSTAKES”) IS GOVERNED BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. AND CANADIAN LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE.
1. Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, and Canada, excluding residents of Quebec, who have reached 21 years of age or older as of the time of entry (each, an “Entrant” or “entrant”). All employees of Cunard Line, Ltd. (“Sponsor”), at affiliated companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, travel agencies, travel advisors and their respective parent companies, divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, (collectively, “Sweepstakes Entities”) and their immediate families (defined as spouse, child, sibling, or parent, grandparent, and their respective spouse) or household members are not eligible to enter or win. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility qualifications of a potential Winner. This Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws. Sponsor’s decision is final in deciding the identity and eligibility of any Entrant. Void where prohibited.
2. Sweepstakes Period: The Sweepstakes begins January 13, 2022 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on March 17, 2022 at 11:59:59 p.m. PT (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
4. Winner Selection: On or around March 21, 2022 one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. The potential winner is subject to verification. The potential winner will be notified by email on or around March 23, 2022 via the email address provided during Sweepstakes entry (“Winner Notification”). Upon notification, if the potential winner is a Canadian resident, he/she must first, unaided (whether mechanical or otherwise), correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question before being declared a winner. In the event that the selected entrant is unable to correctly answer the skill-testing question, the Sponsor shall have the right to randomly draw another eligible entrant, and the Sponsor shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. The Winner Notification will include an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (collectively “Prize Claim Documents”) which potential winner must sign and return within ten (10) days of send date of Winner Notification or prize may be forfeited. If the Winner Notification, Prize Claim Documents, prize or any other prize correspondence is returned as non-deliverable; , the prize may be forfeited. If a potential winner fails to complete, sign and return any required Prize Claim Documents within required time period; or if potential winner is determined to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner may be disqualified (regardless of whether such Entrant has been announced as a Winner) and any alternative potential winner may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any non-delivery or communication failure caused by a change in Entrant’s email address, mailing address, phone number or any other contact information. Unclaimed prize may not be awarded. The prize will only be awarded to addresses within the United States or Canada.
5. GRAND PRIZE (1). The one (1) verified Winner (“Winner”) will receive one (1) seven (7) night Alaska cruise on Queen Elizabeth (cruise number Q220) for the Winner and one (1) guest (“Guest”) roundtrip Vancouver departing June 24, 2022 in Balcony Category (Category BE), double occupancy accommodations (“Cruise”). All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $2,978 USD/$3,795 CAD. Any difference between stated ARV and actual fair market value of the prize at time of awarding will not be awarded. CAD ARV is based on conversion rates as of November 29, 2021 and the difference, if any, shall not be awarded. Prize includes all regular onboard meals and entertainment and applicable government fees and taxes for Cruise only. TRANSPORTATION TO AND FROM THE POINT OF EMBARKATION/DISEMBARKATION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION AIRFARE) FOR CRUISE IS NOT INCLUDED. Winner is solely responsible for any and all expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize description herein, including but not limited to, all transportation to/from point of embarkation/disembarkation, hotel accommodations before/after cruise (if any), shore excursions fees, in-room charges (e.g., mini-bar, room service, telephone, movies, etc.), all meals and beverages prior to boarding crossing, discretionary charges while on vessel, meals in alternate dining venues while on vessel, gratuities, alcoholic beverages, boutique purchases, and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein. Winner and Guest must travel on the same itinerary. Cruise must be booked by May 1, 2022 and must be on the 7-night June 24, 2022 Alaska cruise on Queen Elizabeth (cruise number Q220). Winner must be available to complete Cruise travel between June 24, 2022 through July 1, 2022; no alternate travel dates or Cruise are available. If for any reason, the Winner cannot complete the Cruise during the dates designated by Sponsor, Winner may be disqualified and the prize forfeited in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage or other personal property brought on vessel. Additional prize award details may be provided to a Winner at the time of notification. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions, or substitutions or any acts or omissions as relating to the Cruise or any part thereof as a result of any factors outside the Sponsor’s control (including, without limitation, acts of God, pandemics, epidemics, riots, war), or as a result of any other persons providing any prize related services or accommodations including, but not limited to any air carriers or ground transportation carriers. In the event, for whatever reason, the Cruise or any portion thereof is cancelled during the Winner’s trip, another Cruise may not be awarded and Sponsor may not provide any compensation or substitution for the remaining portion of the prize. Prize(s) are nontransferable, are not redeemable for cash and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value for any reason, including without limitation if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. All reservations, exact travel dates, and Cruise arrangements including, without limitation, the dates and times are at the sole discretion of Sponsor. All Cruise details are subject to availability and restrictions. Travel is subject to terms and conditions set forth in these Rules and/or those set forth by selected travel providers, availability and other material restrictions may apply. Sponsor is not responsible for any fees or additional charges resulting from a Winner’s or Guest’s change to itinerary or accommodations. If the Winner becomes disabled or cannot otherwise fully enjoy the prize due to illness, Sponsor shall have the option at its sole discretion of being relieved of liability for fulfillment of the prize award and no other compensation in lieu of the prize will be awarded. Winner and Guest are responsible for obtaining his/her own travel, medical and life insurance and the associated costs and understand that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide any form of insurance. All travel is subject to any and all restrictions instituted by the United States Department of Defense and/or Department of Homeland Security or Canada’s Department of National Defence, as required. Winner and Guest must (or if a guest is a minor, their parent or legal guardian) sign and return a Cruise/publicity/liability release before ticketing for Cruise occurs. Winner and Guest must have all necessary identification or Cruise documents (including, but not limited to a valid US or Canadian passport and visa (if applicable) and all other necessary travel documents) required for Cruise. Cruise is subject to the terms and conditions of the Cunard passage contract located at http://www.cunard.com/passagecontract. As set forth in more detail in the passage contract, Sponsor reserves the right to refuse to embark any Winner or Guest, at any time if, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, a Winner or Guest, or any minor or other person in a Winner’s or Guest’s care during the Cruise, are unfit for any reason for the Cruise. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Additional Cruise/prize details and travel information may be provided to a Winner at the time of notification. Guest must be at least the age of majority in his/her state of residence at the time of booking, unless the Winner is the parent or legal guardian of the Guest. Any Guest who is a minor in their state of residence must be accompanied at all times during the trip (including, but not limited to prize activities and other prize related events) by minor’s parent or legal guardian. Winner and Guest must cruise on the same itinerary. Once Guest is selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Sponsor is not responsible for any delay or cancellation of prize event due to unforeseen circumstances and/or those outside of Sponsor’s control. Winner and Guest agree to comply with all applicable Cruise regulations and the Cunard Passage Contract. Each adult guest must individually read, accept and sign the Passage Contract and the Covid-19 Risk Acceptance on his/her own behalf and on behalf. These documents are required for boarding. Sponsor and the Cruise representatives reserve the right to remove or to deny entry to Winner and their Guest who engage in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person on the Cruise or act in any other objectionable behavior. The ARV of prize listed herein is based on available information provided to Sponsor and the value of any prize awarded to a verified Winner may be reported for tax purposes where required by law. The verified Winner will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state, provincial and/or local taxes (as applicable) connected with receipt of the prize, the use and enjoyment of the prize, or any taxes in connection with this Sweepstakes unless otherwise required by law or unless this requirement is waived by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. As a condition of claiming the Cruise, Winner must provide any requested information needed for tax reporting, including as applicable a Form W-9 if a bearer is a US Citizen or resident, or Form W-8 if eligible non-US citizen or non-US resident, and understands that such information must be received Sponsor before or at the time Cruise is booked. If Winner is a U.S. resident, he or she will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize. If Winner is a Canadian resident, he or she may be subject to withholding taxes and are responsible for the reporting and payment of any income tax. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, WINNER ACCEPTS (AND AGREES TO CONFIRM IN WRITING) THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN AIR, LAND AND SEA TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
6. General Conditions: By entering Sweepstakes, Entrants acknowledge and agree that Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding in all respects to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any script, macro, robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar duplication method. Any attempt by the Entrant to enter more than the number of times authorized herein, using multiple names and/or email addresses, and/or systematic entering from the same IP address, and/or any other fraudulent mechanism, as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, shall give the Sponsor the right to disqualify the Entrant and their entries in Sponsor’s reasonable discretion. Prize will be awarded only to an address within the United States, DC, or Canada (excluding Quebec). Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes a Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and Sweepstakes Entities, and those authorized by any of them, use of Winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions, and city and state of residence for promotional purposes and for Winner’s List requests in any media now known or hereinafter developed, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants understand and agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to abide by these Rules which are final and binding and the decisions of Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes, which are final, (b) to accept any and all prizes hereunder as awarded, with substitution (as applicable), and to release and hold harmless Sponsor, and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising and Sweepstakes Entities and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, “Releasees”) from and against any and all liability whatsoever, including, without limitation, legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including, without limitation, personal injuries, death, damages, loss or destruction of property rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) in connection with this Sweepstakes or with the awarding, announcement, acceptance, receipt, ownership, or use or misuse of any prize awarded hereunder (including, but not limited to, any travel related thereto) and/or use of an entry, or other errors in these Rules, and (c) except where legally prohibited, by accepting any prize awarded hereunder, a Winner agrees to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image and biographical information and statements for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, in perpetuity, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide and on digital media, without notice, review or approval by the Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority. Releasees are not responsible for loss, damage, or claims resulting from the Sweepstakes. Entrants and/or Winner will be disqualified for any attempt to tamper with any aspect of the Sweepstakes, or circumvent these Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to remedy any such action, disruption, or circumvention in a manner, as determined solely by Sponsor, that is fair and equitable to Entrants. Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any individual who tampers with any entry or with the operation of the Sweepstakes, who acts in violation of these Rules or otherwise in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who displays any intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or who submits any fraudulent or deceptive information. Sponsor reserves the right to verify and audit all entries and to disqualify any Entries related thereto which have not been verified by Sponsor as qualifying in its sole discretion. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to void, modify, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) should fraud or any unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Sweepstakes. ENTRANTS ASSUME ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE CAUSED, OR CLAIMED TO BE CAUSED, BY PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR THE ACCEPTANCE, RECEIPT OR USE OF ANY PRIZE COMPONENT INCLUDED HEREUNDER. BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, PRIZE WINNER AND CRUISE GUEST ACCEPT, AND AGREE TO CONFIRM IN WRITING, THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN LAND AND SEA TRAVEL, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THEIR PARTICIPATION IN ANY ASPECT OF A PRIZE IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES IN WHICH THEY ARE PARTICIPATING AND THEY ASSUME THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH. Winner acknowledges that Releasees have not made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in factor or in law, relative to any prize awarded hereunder. If any provision of the Rules or the application of any such provision to any person or circumstance shall be declared to be invalid, unenforceable or void, such decision shall not have the effect of invalidating or voiding the remainder of the Rules, it being the intent and agreement of the parties that the Rules shall be deemed amended by modifying such provision to the extent necessary to render it valid, legal and enforceable while preserving its intent or, if such modification is not possible, by substituting therefore another provision that is valid, legal and enforceable so as to give effect to Sponsor’s intent. Nothing in these Rules shall in any way limit or exclude liability for or in connection with (a) fraud, or (b) death or personal injury caused by Sponsor negligence. Entrants further understand and agree that all rights under Section 1542 of the Civil Code of California (“Section 1542”) and any similar law of any state or territory of the United States that may be applicable with respect to the foregoing release are hereby expressly and forever waived. Entrants acknowledge that Section 1542 provides that: “A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN HIS OR HER FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH, IF KNOWN BY HIM OR HER MUST HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED HIS OR HER SETTLEMENT WITH THE DEBTOR.” The releases hereunder are intended to apply to all claims not known or suspected to exist with the intent of waiving the effect of laws requiring the intent to release future unknown claims.
7. Disputes: As a condition of participating, Entrants agree (and agree to confirm in writing), to the extent permitted by law: (a) that under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (b) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded hereunder, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules, which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California. By entering, Entrants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts for Los Angeles County, California.
8. Name of the Winner. For Winner’s first name and surname initial, city & state, please visit www.Cunard.com/SweepsWinner by May 5, 2022. 9. Sponsor: Carnival plc, trading as Cunard Line, 24303 Town Center Drive, Suite 200, Valencia, CA 91355.