Preparing to sail - before you board.
Remember to do the following before you travel:
- Check your details are up to date in My Cunard.
- Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant).
- Arrange appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy.
- Obtain evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status.
- Print e-tickets, boarding passes and luggage labels.
- Pre-book on-board activities in My Cunard.
- Complete Health Declaration in My Cunard between one and three days before your holiday.
- For any guests disembarking in the UK and staying over 24 hours, ensure you have completed the mandatory UK Government's Passenger Locator Form (PLF) before sailing (for more information visit our PLF details below)
- Book your ‘Day two’ Covid-19 test: For UK resident guests, current requirements for any sailing visiting international ports are that a Covid-19 test is taken two days after your return to England. This is a requirement of the UK Government and it is essential that you book it in advance as you will need to provide the booking reference to complete the Passenger Locator Form (PLF). Any guest staying more than 24 hours in the UK will also need to book their test and provide the booking reference on their PLF.
- If you live outside of the UK, ensure you’re aware of, and have pre-booked, all Covid-19 tests that may be required when returning home to your country of residence.
- Pack face masks and hand sanitiser.
All guests are required to have comprehensive cruise-specific travel insurance in order to sail with us. You will be asked to confirm that you have travel insurance at the terminal and may be required to show your insurance documents as proof of your policy. Unfortunately, you will be denied boarding, at your own expense, if you do not arrange insurance.
When travelling with us, your insurance must include medical cover of £2 million minimum and cover for emergency evacuations and medical expenses related to Covid-19. You must also ensure your policy includes cover for repatriation, cancellation and curtailment, and full cover for any and all pre-existing medical conditions worldwide, or as a minimum, in the countries you are due to visit. You can find full details of what your cover should include on our insurance page. Our partner, Holiday Extras, offers cruise-specific travel insurance policies, and you can obtain your quote directly on their website.
Covid-19 vaccine and testing requirements.
How to stay well before your voyage.
If you experience a high temperature, a new continuous cough, shortness of breath or a new loss of taste or smell within 14 days before your holiday, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8641 (local call charges apply).
Pre-book the things you’re most looking forward to.
To help us manage social distancing on board, you may be asked to book select activities and dining venues on your voyage. You can do this once on board by calling our dedicated reservation line from your stateroom telephone, by visiting the Purser’s Desk in the Grand Lobby or by using our digital planner, My Voyage, from an internet-enabled device.
You can also use My Cunard to book shore experiences, purchase drinks packages and more, before you step on board. Log in to My Cunard to see the full range of personalisation options for your holiday.
Things to pack.
In addition to your usual voyage essentials – poolside sandals, a great holiday read, a fabulous black-tie outfit for Gala Evenings – you’ll also need to remember a face mask (as you’ll be required to wear this in select areas of the ship). You may also wish to pack hand sanitiser, although we’ll have plenty on board for you to use, as well as masks too if you happen to need a new one while with us.
We have a chargeable laundry service and self-serve launderettes on board, in case you’d like to refresh your wardrobe during your holiday.
Discover how to pack the perfect suitcase for a Cunard voyage with our helpful guide.