Preparing to sail - before you board.
Find out all you need to know to prepare for your upcoming voyage by scrolling down this page, or by selecting the shortcuts below to find the information you're looking for.
We’d like to remind you that it's important to stay up to date with the latest health and well-being policies and protocols for your voyage, in addition to the latest travel requirements. It is your responsibility to organise and complete all documentation and testing requirements, therefore please ensure you are aware of, and compliant with, the latest guidance for travelling to and/or from your port of embarkation and return home. The guidance may change with little warning.
Remember to do the following before you travel:
- Check your details are up to date in My Cunard.
- Link your booking with your travelling group (if relevant).
- Arrange appropriate travel insurance and have proof of your policy.
- Obtain evidence of your Covid-19 vaccination status.
- Print boarding passes and luggage labels from My Cunard.
- Pre-book on board activities in My Cunard.
- For guests visiting Singapore and Indonesia, complete your pre-arrival requirements (visit our webpage for guidance on where and how to do this).
- Organise your Covid-19 test if required, to be taken before arrival at the terminal (please check your voyage and embarkation port requirements on our At the terminal guide).
- We’d like to remind you that it's important to stay up to date with the latest travel requirements relating to all aspects of your holiday. It is your responsibility to organise and complete all documentation and testing requirements, therefore please ensure you are aware of, and compliant with, the latest Government guidance for travelling. This includes travel to your port of embarkation and your return home. The guidance may change with little warning. For the latest government guidance please visit the UK Government website.
- During your voyage, destinations on your itinerary may have specific documentation, testing or shore experience requirements. For more information please visit our going ashore section.
- If you live outside of the UK, ensure you’re aware of any Covid-19 tests that may be required when returning home to your country of residence.
- Pack face masks and hand sanitiser.
If you embark at a port outside of the UK, it’s your responsibility to meet all entry requirements for that country at the time of sailing. We can’t accept responsibility if you’re denied entry to a country because you don’t meet its entry requirements.
Some documents needed to board our ships are the same, but some are new or have undergone recent changes. Check the sections below to ensure you have what you need to get through our cruise terminals and begin your voyage smoothly.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept guests who test positive for Covid-19 within 7 days of travel. We are also unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:
- Supplementary oxygen (via tank or cylinder) or haemodialysis. Guests who use overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea, will be able to travel, however guests requiring oxygen via concentrator, mechanical ventilatory support or peritoneal dialysis, may only be accepted to travel with prior confirmation from our medical team.
If any of these medical requirements apply to you, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8641 (local call charges apply).
Stay well before your voyage.
To limit your chances of becoming unwell before sailing, we recommend you take the following precautionary measures:
- Prior to travelling to the terminal, if you’re displaying symptoms of Covid-19, please do a lateral flow test and only come to the terminal if the result is negative.
- Limit close interactions to guests you are travelling with.
- Keep a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres (5 feet) from others when in public.
- Wear a face mask while in public and during travel.
- Avoid contact with anyone who’s unwell, and their close contacts.
- Avoid places which may be crowded such as gatherings, indoor public spaces and public transport.
- Wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitiser when handwashing facilities are not available.
- Cough or sneeze into a tissue or bent elbow, and not into your hands. Throw used tissues in the bin and wash your hands afterwards.
- If you are travelling to the ship with others outside your group, such as by coach or train, we recommend that you wear a face mask and socially distance.
If you experience any Covid-19 related symptoms within 7 days before your holiday, please call our Customer Contact Centre on 0344 338 8641 (local call charges apply).
Pre-book dining and activities.
To help us manage social distancing on board, you may be asked to book select activities and dining venues on your voyage. You can do this once on board by calling our dedicated reservation line from your stateroom telephone, by visiting the Purser’s Desk in the Grand Lobby or by using our digital planner, My Voyage, from an internet-enabled device.
You can also use My Cunard to book shore experiences, purchase drinks packages and more, before you step on board. Log in to My Cunard to see the full range of personalisation options for your holiday.
What to pack.
In addition to your usual voyage essentials – comfortable shoes for exploring, a great holiday read, a fabulous black-tie outfit for Gala Evenings – you’ll also need to remember a face mask (as you may be required to wear this in select areas of the ship). You may also wish to pack hand sanitiser, although we’ll have plenty on board for you to use, as well as masks too if you happen to need a new one while with us.
We have a chargeable laundry service and self-serve launderettes on board, in case you’d like to refresh your wardrobe during your holiday, or if you’re travelling roundtrip you can take advantage of unlimited luggage allowances. If you prefer not to transport your own luggage, you can have it sent directly to the ship with our White Star Luggage partner, Luggage Forward.
If you’re catching a flight as part of your holiday, you will need to familiarise yourself with the airline's protocols and entry requirements for the country you’re visiting. You’ll also need to ensure your luggage adheres to their on board allowances. Please check your flight operator’s website for more information via the list below.
Alternatively, you can have your luggage shipped directly to/from home with our White Star Luggage partner, Luggage Forward.