Our assurance to you.
At last, you can set sail for new adventures and create wonderful holiday memories once again.
On board, you’ll find everything that makes a Cunard holiday the perfect escape. From restaurants and bars serving the finest cocktails and dining at sea, to live theatre, relaxing spas and irresistible pools. To help you to relax and enjoy the experience, we’ve introduced a few simple protocols to protect our guests and crew, but we’ve worked hard to make these easy to adjust to.
Scroll down this page to find more information, or select one of the shortcuts below to go straight to the section you're looking for.
Our protocols at a glance.
To help you to feel comfortable throughout your holiday, we’ve introduced enhanced health and well-being measures to protect everyone on board. These include:
- A vaccination and testing policy for all guests.
- Our crew also undergo a strict testing and quarantine period as well as regular testing during their time on board.
- Health screening and necessary embarkation testing for all guests.
- Fewer guests on board.
- Enhanced on-board ventilation systems to improve and increase filtration and fresh air.
- Even higher levels of cleanliness, enhanced sanitation, social distancing (in line with latest guidance for cruise lines) and face masks in specific areas.
- Plans in place to manage your medical needs, including dedicated cabin capacity for isolation and quarantine (should this be required).
- We always do our best to visit all the destinations on our itineraries but if for any reason can’t, we will either spend an additional day in another port, add in a new port, or if neither is possible, you’ll get to enjoy a day at sea.
Our protocols can evolve as we work with experts and government bodies to respond to the latest advice, but rest assured our focus is always to protect the health and well-being of our guests, crew, and the communities we visit.
Vaccination and testing policy.
All guests (of all ages) will need to be fully vaccinated in order to travel on any voyage departing up to and including 17 April 2022 for voyages on Queen Mary 2 and 17 May 2022 for voyages on Queen Elizabeth.
The definition of “fully vaccinated” being having completed an approved (by the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) or the World Health Organization’s Emergency Use Listing (WHO EUL)) two-dose Covid-19 vaccination course, or the approved single dose Janssen Covid 19 vaccine, at least 14 days prior to travel.
The vaccine policy currently does not apply to sailings beyond these dates, or on Queen Victoria, scheduled to return to service on 22 April 2022.
You must show proof of your vaccination at the terminal: for full details of valid proof of vaccination visit the relevant section on our Preparing to sail pages.
Pre-existing medical conditions.
It is understood that those with certain pre-existing medical requirements or of a certain age may experience more severe symptoms should they contract Covid-19 (coronavirus). We strongly recommend that guests review the UK Government guidance prior to making travel arrangements. This can be found at https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/people-at-higher-risk.
If you have any existing medical requirements, we advise you to discuss your travel plans with your doctor. We have put together a simple health advisory letter that you can provide to your GP so they can verify if you’re safe to travel.
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept guests who have the following medical requirements:
- Supplementary oxygen (including via oxygen concentrator).
- Mechanical ventilatory support (except for overnight CPAP for sleep apnoea).
- Within the 14 days prior to the cruise:
- Have been unwell with confirmed or suspected Covid-19.
- Have been in close contact with someone with confirmed or suspected Covid-19.
- Have been advised to self-isolate under a government test and trace system.
Working with Bureau Veritas.
In line with Chamber of Shipping guidance, our ships have achieved external validation of their health and well-being protocols from Bureau Veritas (BV), a world leader in testing, inspection and certification.
Book with confidence.
We know how quickly things can change when it comes to travel. To put your mind at ease, we’ve updated our policies so you can book your next holiday with reassurance.
It is mandatory for all UK guests to have suitable travel insurance cover in order to cruise with us.
Find out more about choosing the right level of cover, and about our insurance partners Holiday Extras, on our travel insurance page.
Your Cunard experience.
While we’ve introduced some new protocols to protect your well-being, rest assured you’ll still be able to enjoy a wonderful Cunard holiday. You’ll still be free to do as much or as little as you please each day, just as you’d expect. Our entertainment venues, restaurants, and bars will be open, and we’ve even introduced advanced booking and virtual queues to give you more flexibility over when and where you eat. Discover more in the sections below.