Prize draw terms and conditions
2023 Loyalty Research
Carnival plc trading as Cunard Line, Company number 04039524, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton, Hampshire, SO15 1ST.
23:59 on 3rd September 2023
1. To be eligible to enter the Prize Draw, you must satisfy all of the following Entry Requirements:
- Be a UK resident;
- Be at least 18 years old;
- Not be an employee or contractor of Carnival plc (including group companies) or any of its suppliers;
- Have been invited by email from the Promoter to complete our Loyalty Survey (Survey), as detailed below
2. The Prize Draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. Only one entry is accepted per person. We will accept first entry only.
3. To enter the Prize Draw, entrants must complete the Survey before the Closing Date. Upon completion of the Survey, an option will be given to participate in the Prize Draw. Three winners will be selected at random by the Promotor from all valid entries received.
4. We accept no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or accessible due to a technical fault, hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind.
5. No bulk or third-party entries will be accepted. The Promoter will not accept entries that are automatically generated by computer; illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or are incomplete.
6. The Survey is administered by our third-party research provider Box Clever Marketing Intelligence Ltd, who will not receive any entrant’s personal data. Survey responses will be used by the Promoter to understand your attitudes and needs in respect to loyalty in general and cruises in particular.
7. Box Clever Marketing Intelligence Ltd will provide the Promotor with anonymised numeric identifiers of all entrants who have elected to take part in the Prize Draw to allow the Promotor to select three winners. Winners shall be randomly selected using an automated selection tool.
8. Winners will be notified by email using the same address to which invitations to participate in the Survey were sent.
9. The Promotor shall select and notify all winners within twenty-one days of the Closing Date. At least five attempts will be made to contact each winner. Should the Promoter be unable to contact any winner within twenty-one days of the Closing Date or should any winner be unable to accept the Prize, the Promoter reserves the right to award the Prize to an alternative winner, drawn in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. Subject always to the Entry Requirements set out in clause 1 above, each winner will be entitled to the following prize: x1 £500 John Lewis gift voucher. Three prizes are available. The use of the Prize is subject to John Lewis’ terms and conditions available at: www.johnlewis.com/customer-services/prices-and-payment/gift-cards
11. If the Promoter has grounds to suspect any entrant or third party of cheating, deception or fraudulent or unsportsmanlike conduct of any kind (including, without limitation, manipulating the Prize Draw, choice of prize winner(s) or any entry) the Promoter reserves the right (in its sole discretion) to disqualify any entrant, entry or person it reasonably believes to be responsible for, or associated with, such activity. The Promoter’s decision in such matters shall be final.
12. Entrants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry of the Prize Draw. We reserve the right to withdraw all or any part of the prize at any time and without liability.
13. The Promoter will not be responsible for (and will have no liability in connection with) the following events, to the extent that they occur for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control; any postponement or cancellation of the Prize Draw, any changes to Prize(s) or the way in which they can be used; any act or default of any third-party supplier. References to the “Promoter” in these paragraph includes all of the Promoter’s associated companies, agents or any other third parties involved in the Prize Draw.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the Prize Draw without notice where it becomes necessary to do so.
15. Surname and county of the winners can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to: Customer Insights, Carnival House, 100 Harbour Parade, Southampton SO15 1ST. If you object to any or all of your surname and county being published or made available, please contact us on the details provided in these terms. In such circumstances we must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
17. This Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.